and open to Her Wisdom."
4th Day of the 2nd Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Artemis
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Luis/Rowan
Celtic Tree Cycle ~ Beth/Birch
Moon Phase: waxing New
Moon rises: 9:09AM EST
Moon sets: 8:50PM EST
Moon enters the Mutable Water
Sign of Pisces at 1:17AM EST
Blodeuwedd's Cycle of the Moon
Luna Meditation: The wonder of life.
Sun in Capricorn
Sunrise: 7:39AM EST
Sunset: 5:20PM EST
Solar Question for the Day: "What
obstructions need to be cleared from
Samhain (Calan Gaeaf) Quarter of the Year
January 18th, 2010
So the waxing New Moon enters the Mutable Water Sign of Pisces on this Moon Day - the Day of Remembering and Feeling - bringing its own emotional energies along into the mix. During a Pisces Moon transit our emotional life is more introverted and intuition is at its height and psychic energy is powerful. During this transit we can dig into our deepest selves but along with this can come feelings of vagueness and uncertainaty. Many women have a good cry with Moon in Pisces, washing away troubles or maybe you may be the compassionate friend for a 'sister' who needs to share her troubles. We cry during Moon in Pisces because it's the most watery of all the signs. Pisces Moon brings a retreat into the self to do the internal processing and contemplation necessary at least once during a lunar cycle. The outer world's 'busyness' becomes fuzzy and vague. Issues are clouded and cold hard facts slide through your fingers like slippery fish. Things are not what they seem, so don't be confused by this transit.
Of course on a day like today the magickal energies for doing intuitive work is going to be quite high. And there is a minor bit of magickal energy for dealing with domestic issues. Today is the time to create philters and potions that work in harmony with your lunar magick. Since the moon is directly linked to phychic abilities, today is the day - no matter what phase the moon happens to be in - to create a psychic power philter (or potion if you prefer).
* One clear or blue glass bottle with a stopper or lid.
* A clean dropper
* 6 inches of silver ribbon
* A small moon-shaped charm ]
* A label and a pen (to list the ingredients and to decorate and
mark the bottle)
* 1/2 cup almond base oil (almond is associated with the Moon)
* 13 drops sandalwood oil (a lunar oil that is both spiritual and protective)
* 3 white rose petals
* 3 willow leaves or a pinch of dried willow bark
* A tiny moonstone chip
Pour the base oil into the bottle until the bottle is three quarters of the way full. Then add the moonstone chip, the rose petals, willow and finally the essential sandalwood oil. Close up the bottle with the lid, place your fingers over the lid, and carefully shake up the mixture.
Hold up the mixture to the moonlight and allow the moonbeams to illuminate the philter within. On the label, list the ingredients and the use for this potion. Decorate the label by drawing moons or whatever else you think would add to the moon magick. Attach the label to the glass bottle (wipe off the outside of the bottle first). Finish up by threading the moon charm onto the ribbon and then tying the silver ribbon around the neck of the bottle. As you finish tying on the bow, hold the bottle in your hands and repeat the following charm: (There is a place for you to insert which phase of the moon you happen to be currently in. This way you can customize the philter for specific psychic abilities.)
"This philter holds the powers of the moon
May it increase my psychic power soon
The stone adds lunar power and empathy
The herbs and oil increase the power times three
During this ________________ quarter's enchanting moon phase
I'll work easily with my powers through the day
This potion is enchanced by the moon's magick so bright
My psychic talents will now blossom and come to light."
Store the philter bottle in a safe, dry place out of direct sunlight. Make sure that you keep all potion and philter bottles well out of the reach of children.
[From: "Book of Witchery" by Ellen Dugan]
Ball of Energy - Exercise 3 for working with Energy
1. Start as you did with exercise 2 (see yesterday's blog entry), but when your hands are six inches apart, imagine that you are holding a ball of energy. At first this ball is like an empty bowl, a shell, but you are filling it with the energy between your hands.
2. As you breathe out, imagine that you blowing out energy, exhaling from your mouth, and also 'exhaling' from your palms. This energy helps fill the ball. Feel it fill up. Intend to make the ball thicker and more solid. At first this will feel like you are playing pretend and making it up, but such play-acting is the way energy reponds to our thoughts. By acting as if the energy is changing, it does.
3. Once you have a 'solid' ball of energy floating between your hands, you can literally play with it. You can make it smaller and more dense. You can stretch it out like taffy. Discover how mutable energy can be, responding to your intent and commands.
4. When done, bring your hands together and imagine you are absorbing the energy. Then wipe off your hands to remove any excess.
Later, as you learn to work more with energy, you can draw more energy from your environment, and not necessarily your own personal energy, to create energy balls. They can then be 'charged' with an intention, such as healing and given to other people, animals, plants, and places to make your own magick. You will not be limited to balls of energy, but any shape and size you can imagine. Penczak says he likes to weave energy 'webs' of protection around himself and his home.
Now that you have a feel for the power of your own personal energy, it you have a partner in this work, or a willing friend or family members, you can discover how your energy interacts with others.
[From" "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft" by Christopher Penczak]