Thursday, January 6, 2011

Twelfth Night - Thor's Day

"I'm one with the Goddess
and open to Her Wisdom."


3rd Day of the 1st Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Persephone
Lunar Tree Cycle of Beith/Birch
14th Day of the Celtic Tree
Month of Beith/Birch
3rd Day of the Cycle of Imbolgen -
Days of Reclaiming
Moon Phase: waxing New Moon
Moon rises: 8:59AM EST
Moon sets: 7:45PM EST
Moon in the Fixed Air Sign
of Aquarius
Blodeuwedd's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: Service to
the universe
Sun in Capricorn
Sunrise: 7:43AM EST
Sunset: 5:08PM EST
Solar Question for the Day: "Are
you neglecting sources of
soul-nurture?"
Samhaim (Calan Gaeaf) Quarter
of the Year
January 6th, 2011

Thor's Day - Jupiter Day, the Day of Vision, Spiritual Insight and Expansion Day.  There are minor magickal energies flowing today for networking. 

Twelfth Night

     Twelfth Night is the date on the Christian calendar for taking down the decorations. Before you do this, go through all the greeting cards you received and update your address book. Then, if you do not use the cards yourself, separate written half from the illustrated half and take the pictures to a charity store so others can use them to create gift tags for next year or to a children's nursery group so the pictures may be cut up for collage or other artwork.
   Kate West says that just recently she and a couple of friends have rebelled a bit against the technological and computer age. Instead of using email and the phone we write (yes, with a pen and paper!) letters to one another. Around about this time of the year it can be really friendly to put a little extra effort into communicating properly with some of those old friends who you send cards to, but otherwise rarely communicate with properly. Forget all those 'thank you' letters you were forced to write as a child, think more along the lines of a chatty note to give your 'lost touch with' friends the highlights of your life over the last year or so. We tend to illustrate our letter with a few very rough sketches: matchstick men and almost cartoon like animals, etc. While most of us feel we are no artists,
these things do make for a more individual and personal communication.
[From: "The Real Witches' Year' by Kate West]

    When I first started studying and putting the Craft in my life, I kept a handwritten daily journal. I used those very large blank journal that had lined pages and wrote in a somewhat similar heading that I still today. I would paste in pictures and images that I felt touched me and inspired me.  Once in a while I would draw rough sketches of something about the day.  I would hand write out little entries about things I was learning about.  I have found that writing out information that I've read would help to 'set' it better in my mind and I would think about these written entries throughout my day.  Regretfully I am not doing a handwritten journal anymore.  I have succumbed to the technology of the computer and the printer.  While I still a 'written' daily journal in a datebook regarding the day's astrological and lunar events, I cut and paste it in a format that I can print out and put in these book.  I add printed images I find here and there to represent what I've written about that day in my blogs.  I need to return to doing more handwritten things because otherwise my handwriting will become very rusty.

No comments: