Sunday, May 8, 2011

Waxing Crescent Moon in Cancer - the Mother's Day

"I'm one with the Goddess
and open to Her Wisdom."


6th Day of the 5th Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Artemis
Lunar Tree Cycle of Saille/Willow
24th Day of the Celtic Tree
Month of Saille/Willow
6th Day of the Cycle of Mab -
Days of Faeries
Moon Phase: waxing Crescent
Moon sets: 12:33AM EDST
Moon rises: 10:28AM EDST
Moon in the Cardinal Water
Sign of Cancer
Blodeuwedd's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: Abundance in
your life.
Sun in Taurus
Sunrise: 6:12AM EDST
Sunset: 8:21PM EDST
Solar Question of the Day: "Where
are your energies overextended?"
Beltane (Calan Mai) Quarter
of the Year
May 8th, 2011


Sun Day - is the Day of Intent, Creation, and Renewal.....  there are minor magickal energies today to work with animals...

The Mother's Day - My own mother passed over many years ago, and so I was thinking this morning I don't have to make sure I sent flowers and/or a card to her today.  And then as I was watching a beautiful sunrise, a thought came to me, but I still have a Mother to honor - the Mother Goddess and the Earth Mother.  So I light incense and burned a candle this morning and offered up thanks to my spiritual Mother and to my Earth Mother who nurtures me every day.  She doesn't ask for commercial offerings, just a gentle, heartfelt thanks for Her continuing support.  Also it comes to me that it would a good day to honor my ancestral mothers.

"Weave a thread of blood through time
Ladders of lives we all have climbed.
Grandmothers sail
on Summerland seas.
I honor you who live in me."
From Season of the Witch Datebook



No comments: