and open to Her Wisdom."
13th Day of the 11th Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Gaia
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Gort/Ivy
Moon Phase: Gibbous
Moon sets: 4:25AM EDST
Moon rises: 4:25PM EDST
Moon in Pisces v/c 10:40AM EDST
Moon enters the Cardinal Fire Sign
of Aries at 1:56PM EDST
Rhiannon's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: The song of the earth
Sun in Scorpion
Sunrise: 7:47AM EDST
Sunset: 6:20PM EDST
Solar Question for the Day: "Which ideas
and structures have you outgrown?"
Lughnasadh (Gwyl Awst) Quarter of the Year
October 30th, 2009
So here it is the last day before Samhain Eve - Halloween - and just in case you haven't completed you preparations for tomorrow night's Samhain Sabbat ritual - here are some suggestions and ideas to Samhain magick into your life....
- Carve a pumpkin and empower it to repel negativity
- Build or erect a shrine to your ancestors.
- Add divination to your Samhain ritual
- Fill a small plastic pumpkin with gold-wrapped candy and enpower for prosperity
- Research your family history and make a litany out of the names for your ritual.
- Make a family photo album or poster to place in your room. Bless during ritual for family harmony
- Set a place at the dinner table for the recently deceased. If the lost one is a pet, placen their favorite food on a plate and put where their bowls used to be.
- Place small jack-o'-laterns at the four quarters
- Place crossed brooms at the four quarters
- Build an outdoor altar out of hay bales
- Visit the cemetery and place flowers on the graves of deceased loved ones.
- Remember that Samhain is a fire festival that signals personal closures and occurs in Scorpio, a Fixed Water sign, a time regeneration and cleaning out of emotional debris - this sign has the ability to rebuild and to toss out what is not working or needed. There is much you can accomplishy during this time period.
- Also remember that Samhain was the Celtic New Year - you might consider making 'new year's resolutions.'
This altar seems to be honoring the fruits of the Samhain season..
And this altar honors the Goddess and the God of Samhain.
And this altar is really nice in the way it includes many symbols '