Monday, April 19, 2010

Waxing Crescent Moon enters the Sign of Cancer

I'm one with the Goddess
and open to Her Wisdom."


6th Day of the 5th Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Artemis
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Saille/Willow
5th Day of the Celtic Tree Month ~ Saille/Willow
Moon Phase: waxing Crescent
Moon sets: 12:51AM EDST
Moon rises: 10:02AM EDST
Moon in Gemini v/c 6:20AM EDST
Moon enters the Cardinal Water Sign
of Cancer at 7:39AM EDST
Blodeuwedd's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: Meditate upon truth
Sun in Aries
Sunrise: 6:35AM EDST
Sunset: 8:03PM EDST
Solar Question for the Day: "What new concepts
are coming into your understanding? How do they
affect your present understanding?"
Imbolc (Gwyl Mair) Quarter of the Year
April 19th, 2010

Moon in Cancer - Here is a lunar transit which is about feelings, emotional security, desires about a home, security issues, nostalgia and the desire nurture.  Add this into the Mercury Retrograde energies
we are starting to go through and there can quite a bit of confusion in communication going on.  This Moon Day (Monday) - the Day of Remembering and Feeling - can be quite an emotional day. There are Major magickal energies floating around regarding Dream Homes and Fertility and some minor magickal energies for spells and rites about domestic power. 

   Perhaps with all these emotional and confusing feelings swirling around you might want to turn to your tarot cards for some guidelines and suggestions.....  The first Tarot decks were produced in medieval times as gaming cards and sold by the monks who painted them.  Now that is a bit of information about the early tarot cards that I haven't heard before!  It's no wonder that the church called them the devil'sn picture book..!  Now a days Tarot cards come in many different shapes and sizes, and there are over 200 decks available, (in fact I think there are even more than that), ranging in price from reasonable to ridiculous. A Tarot deck has 5 'suits', four of which make up the Minor Arcana: Wands or Staves, Swords, Cups and Coins or Pentacles.  These are similar to the suits in ordinary playing cards, except the Jack or Knave  becomes the Prince and there is an extra 'royal' card, the Princess or Maiden.
- Hmmm, I don't think most tarot decks have 'princesses or maidens' in them but I have seen some. -
     These suits correspond to the Elements of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth. The fifth suit is the Major Arcana and has 22 numbered and/or names cards, corresponding to the Element of Spirit.  A full deck totals 78 cards. The two main kinds of decks are fully pictorial where every card has an illustration, and semi-pictorial where only the Major Arcana has illustrations; the other suits only having a literal designs, e.g. the 3 of Wands will show only 3 wands.
     Tarot cards are most often used for general divination readings and to answer questions, but they can also be used in meditation exercises and in spell work. There are several myths attached to the Tarot. It is sometimes said that is unlucky to buy your own cards, although this may have something to do with people protecting their own interests as readers. It is also said to be unlucky to read using another person's deck, probably for the same reason.   I've heard of the saying that you should have your tarot deck presented to you as a gift, but if I had waited for that I would probably never have one - but this other one about using someone else's deck, well, that could have some truth to it.  Becoming attuned to the vibes of your tarot deck(s) is something all tarot people seem to agree on.

This is a favorite image on a tarot card in Poppy Palin's tarot deck
titled 'Stories of the Wild Spirit'.  It is titled The Fortune Teller.
In the handbook that comes with this deck it says this about what
this card's figure is saying to you:  'I dare to know what I do not
know, to feel that which is not mine to feel. I sit here, bold as brass
it seems, offering you my services as a seer. Inside I always have the
fear that I will not be up to the task at hand, but outwardly I project
a vision of calm confidence to inspire your trust. I am trustworthy, I
am genuine, but all the time I fret that this responsibility is too great,
that I cannot hold all these secrets or translate them as they were
meant to be spoken to the world.
I play the role you expect of me: the vivacious and colorful wanderer
passing through your town to earn a crust by peddling my psychic sight.
Inside I am trembling, although my display is attractive, my words
inspiring. The power that passes through me is awesome, and I never,
ever underestimate it or overestimate my ability.
I am the Clairnoyant, the Medium who risks her reputation, and
your ridicule, time and time again in order to help you with your
relationships and your inner turmoil. You have much you hold deep
within you, and around you. I see glimmers of the past, present and future.
I am the receiver of messages that each created. Bring transits. I am the
decoder of truths, which hang like smoke in the air all around me.

Do I really See?  Oh yes, my friend. I have the nebulous gift, the profound
intuition of the visionary. Sometimes it is a burden so great that all I can do
is weep, for the worries and pain of the world are revealed to me whether I
like it or not. I see storms in your tea cup and divine the future through the patterns
of the ripples in a pond. That is what I was born to do. While some may try to
shut down their ability to perceive truth and witness the Ways of Spirit, I know
that it is worse to work against one's nature Way of Being.

No comments: