"I'm one with the Goddess
and open to Her Wisdom."
24th Day of the 5th Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Medusa
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Saille/Willow
23rd Day of the Celtic Tree Month ~ Saille/Willow
Moon Phase: waning Half
Moon rises: 2:47AM EDST
Moon sets: 2:14PM EDST
Moon in Aquarius v/c 2:36AM EDST
Moon enters the Mutable Water Sign
of Pisces at 5:34AM EDST
Ceridwen's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: The beauty of
the enduring stars.
Sun in Taurus
Sunrise: 6:12AM EDST
Sunset: 8:20PM EDST
Solar Question for the Day: "What is the source
of the vital power within you?"
Beltaine (Calan Mai) Quarter of the Year
May 7th, 2010
Moon in Pisces - Life feels more introverted during a Pisces Moon transit and intuition is at its height with psychic energy being quite powerful. While you seem to be getting in touch with your deepest self, this is also a time of vagueness, unclarity, and uncertainty. A Pisces transit is about endings as a result of internal processing. People around you during this transit may seem moody but you will also find yourself able to more fully appreciate art and beauty. Pisces is the most watery of all the signs, and Moon in Pisces often causes us to have a good cry. During this transit the outer world 'busyness' become fuzzy and vague. Issues are clouded and cold, hard facts slide through your fingers like slippery fish. Things are not what they seem, so don't be confused by this transit.
Today there are minor magickal energies for initiating endings. Because of the waning moon phase and also this moon being in Pisces we may find that ending some things in our lives can bring relief, but also remember this Pisces Moon may cloud our ability to correctly assess what should be ended.
Basic Principles of Magick from Scott Cunningham's "Magical Herbalism." I have been rediscovering the writing of Scott Cunningham lately and this book "Magical Herbalism" was his very first published book.. As I read through it I find that his words are as true today as they were over twenty five years ago.
1. Magic is a natural science with known avenues, by-ways, and borders, as well as principles and laws.
2. Harm none. It is an old Witch tradition that whatever one does will be returned to them three-fold, "three times ill or three times good". Thus, harmful magic extracts a very high price.
3. Magic requires effort. You will get out of it precisely what you put into it - in terms of time, energy, and attention to ritual. If a spell requires you to travel to three different streams, climb a hill or make a green candle, do it. These are rituals and there are sound magical and psychological reasons for ritual. Ritual strengthen, defines and directs magical power. Leave the ritual out and the magic will falter. Some budding Witches turn away with a sigh on discovering that magic is hard work. There are no two ways about it - anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. Short-cuts rarely produce satisfactory results - and can even be dangerous.
4. Magic is not instantaneous. Some rituals produce quick results but most work over period of time.
5. Magic should never be performed for pay. However it is just to ask them to purchase the ingredients necessary for the spell.
6. Magic should never be used to play up one's vanity or pride. When magic becomes an ego-trip it will soon lose its effectiveness.
7. Magic can be worked for your own gain, but only if you are certain that this will not harm others.
8. Magic deserves a sound investment. This may mean purchasing tools, herbs, candles - whatever you will need in your art. Most items can be made, if you are handy at forging, gardening, candle-making and so on.
9. Magic is a divine art, and so your tools should be clean and pure and this includes yourself. Keep your thoughts pure and true to your purpose at all times in magic. A wandering mind nullifies the effects of magic, while a disciplined, concentrating one will boost it.
10. Magic is not always serious or solemn. It is a joyous celebration and merging with the life-force. Laughter and singing, poetry and ecstatic dance can be incorporated into your rituals - whatever is within your particular talents. There are no hard and fast rules for the exact procedure and nature of rituals, so spontaneity should be encouraged and welcomed.
11. Magic is Intent. Witches are taught that the most important factor in magic-making is the intent. You must firmly visualize in your mind's eye the thing you wish to have happen. See it as if it has already taken place, or been brought into manifestation. This adds to the power of your magic.