and open to Her Wisdom."
2nd Day of the 12th Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Persephone
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Ngetal/Reed
Celtic Tree Cycle ~ Ngetal/Reed
Moon Phase: New - waxing
Moon rises: 8:11AM
Moon sets: 5:23PM EST
Moon entered the Mutable
Fire Sign of Sagittarius at 12:21AM EST
Blodeuwedd's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: Memory of childhood
Sun in Scorpio
Sunrise: 7:08AM EST
Sunset: 5:01PM EST
Solar Question for the Day: "Are you fulfilling your spiritual vocation?"
Samhain (Calan Gaeaf) Quarter of the Year
November 17th, 2009
The moon entered Sagittarius Mutable Fire sign early this morning - this is a sign with restless and enthusiastic energies that brings out our love of adventure, change and motion. Sagittarius brings the need to feel free of restrictions and to be spontaneous. What a great energetic sign to have in these early days of the new lunar cycle. As you are finishing up your list of what at accomplish this lunar
cycle remember to not get too enthusiastic on what can be achieved. Yes, that is what these first three
days of the new lunar cycle are for. You feel stimulated to take new actions. so VISUALIZE your goals as you spend time alone in this new beginning. Also this is Tiu's (Tuesday) Day - the Day of Activity and Physicality, Passion and Dession - Action Day - so you will be experiencing great sweeping feelings of being to do it all.
Visualization: This is a way of meditation - this is the ability to create or to recreate a scene, set of
circumstances or even a function in such a way that it becomes 'real', and you can see, hear, taste, smell and feel it as though you were there. This is a component of making Magick happen.
Inner visualization is another path into the meditative state, and many people claim it is the most powerful because the talent lends itself to many other magickal practices. Our conscious mind has difficulty processing energy, or even understanding it. That is why we want to connect with the psychic
and divine minds. The psychic mind can process psychic energy, but has difficulty translating the experience so the conscious mind can comprehend. Our psychic self has to use a code that the conscious self can understand. This code is symbolism. Symbols can stand in for concepts and energy. Personal symbols are private messages from your own unconscious, your own psychic self, to your conscious self, as when we have dreams. General or universal symbols, falling into the realm of archetypes, is how the collective unconscious speaks to humanity. Visualization is the process of using these symbols. The easiest method to get a direction or command to the psychic mind is through the use of a visual symbol. Practitioners of magick have always studied symbols, from petroglyphs and ancient alphabets to dream interpretation and vision quests. The symbols of our collective and personal mythology are the ways to direct power. Those who understand the symbols and can project them, through intention, will, ritual and, yes, visualization, tap into a power we all possess, but few use.
Visualization is a very effective and quick method of altering your consciousness. The advantage of this method is that your 'psychic muscles' are activated and 'warmed up' from the process, and will function more effectively in deeper meditations. Maybe a goal for this lunar cycle could be learning to use visualization more effectively and to activate those 'psychic muscles.'
A basic exercise to get started with:
Counting to a Meditative State
- Get into your meditative position, totally relax yourself. You should always relax and focus before doing psychic exercises. Of course this countdown can also be used eventually to get into a meditative state quickly.
- Visualize a giant screen before you, like a blackboard or movie screen. This is the screen of your mind, or what is called your mind's eye. Whenever you visualize or recall anything, or remember a person's face or anything else, you project it on this screen. You have always had it, but now you are going to give it some attention. Anything you desire will appear on the screen.
- On the screen of your mind, visualize a series of numbers, counting down from twelve to one. With every number, you get into a deepoer meditative state. The numbers can be any color you desire, drawn as if writing them, or appear whole. Now visualize 12, see the number 12 on your screen, 12.
- 11, see the number 11 on your screen, 11,
- 10, see the number 10 on your screen, 10,
- 9, see the number 9 on your screen, 9,
- 8, see the number 8 on your screen, 8,
- 7, see the number 7 on your screen, 7,
- 6, see the number 6 on your screen, 6,
- 5, see the number 5 on your screen, 5,
- 4, see the number 4 on your screen, 4,
- 3, see the number 3 on your screen, 3,
- 2 see the number 2 on your screen, 2,
- 1, see the number 1 on your screen, 1,
- You are now at your meditative state. Everything done in your meditative state is for your highest good harming none. You are now counting down to a deeper, more focused meditative state. Count backward from thirteen to one, but do not visualize the numbers this time. Let the numbers gently take you down: 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. You are now at your deepest meditative state, your magickal mindset, in complete control of your magickal abilities.
- From this point, you can continue to other exercises you may be exploring or you can meditate at this level for a while and bring yourself up, counting from one to thirteen and then from one to twelve. Gently start to wiggloe your fingers and toes and slowly move to bring your awareness back to the physical.
- Take both hands and raise them over your head, palms facing your crown. Slowly bring them down over your forehead, face, throat, chest, abdomen, and then goin, and 'push out'[ with your palms facing away from yourself. "I give myself clearance and balance. I am in balance with myself. I am in balance with the universe. I release all that does not serve."
- Ground yourself as needed.
This 'exercise' and suggestions comes from Christopher Penczak's boo9k "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft". I cannot recommend this book highly enough and in fact along with the second book in this series - "The Outer Temple of Witchcraft" - you will learn the basics of the Craft and Magick in the best manner. Also, particularly with the Inner Temple one, I also recommend getting the accompanying CDs... they are a blessing when working with the exercises in the book. (S)