Thursday, November 12, 2009

Balsamic Moon phase - Hecate is on board now


"I'm one with the Goddess
and open to Her Wisdom."

26th Day of the 11th Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Hecate
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Gort/Ivy
Celtic Tree Cycle ~ Ngetal/Reed
Moon Phase: Balsamic - 10:40PM EST
Moon rises: 2:33AM EST
Moon sets: 2:56PM EST
Moon v/c from Virgo at 9:27AM EST
Moon enters the Cardinal Air
Sign of Libra at 12:22PM EST
Ceridwen's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: The magic
of snow
Sun Scorpio
Sunrise: 7:02AM EST
Sunset: 5:05PM EST
Solar Question for the Day: "Where
is the wool being pulled over your eyes?"
Samhain (Calan Gaeaf) Quarter of the Year
November 12th, 2009



This morning while out early walking my dog, I was greeted by the beautiful waning crescent moon in a very clear cold sky with the stars shinning brightly.  These are moments that make me appreciate the beauty of universe in which I am exisiting.   The moon reaches the Balsamic phase later tonight but it certainly appeared balsamic to me this morning.....



This is end of one lunar cycle and the beginning of another.  Keywords are transition, release, transformation, renewal, purity.   It is the phase in a cycle when you must let go of everything you have been working on that does not deal with the current cycle issues. During this phase you reflect on the passing cycle and prepare for the new. Trust in renewal. It is important to separate from others now so that you can clear the intellect of negativity. LET GO. Become still and meditate.

And speaking of meditating I read a blog entry this morning that I felt was very, very worthwhile mentioning here.  The blog is called African Alchemy and the blog entry was posted November 10th
and titled:  Enchantment and the ordinary.....  here is a link to it:  http://africanalchemy.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/enchantment-and-the-ordinary/

I came across this blog entry in Hecate's (http://hecatedemetersdatter.blogspot.com/ ) blog this morning and I was totally blown away by what the first sentence was....  "My daily practice - I do what needs to be done."  This can be a most excellent description of what our daily practices can or should be.
Then the blog goes on to describe her early morning rising practice -" I do some meditation as dawn breaks (no sweat, I’m an early morning person), I ground as I sit on a big blue cushion. I pay attention to the bare touch and slight movement of breath leaving my nostrils. As I sit, sending down roots and earthing into my own life, ...."  This is so what I love to read about - someone else who has come to appreciate this very special time of the 24-hour cycles we live through.   To take a few moments to really pay attention to those little details of life - our breathing and slight movements of breath moving in and out of our nostrils.... do you realize what a wonderful process just that is.  Anyway later here I
am going to post something on Sacred Breathing.... something very helpful to meditating, visualizing and generally doing our magickal rituals.   So check this out and enjoy the pleasure her words can bring.

And of course Hecate herself had another really great blog entry -  Into The Woods
This entry tells it all regarding what this phase of the Wheel of the Year is about.  And being in the Balsamic moon phase - well, it doubles even more the self-reflecting we should be doing in what is essentially a quiet time in seasonal cycles of the Earth.  And so as Hecate asks at the end of her blog
entry:  "Where will you go today for a walk in silence?"

    



1 comment:

Mother Moon said...

what a calming question... where to go for a walk in silence.... It is funny that we think of silence as no noise at all. void of any auditory sensations.. Yet to me my walk for silence will always be amongst a grove of trees or beneath on to sit. I love the sound of the faint rustle of their leaves, although many have few left on them at this time. Still there is a faint feel of their pressence... A great place for peace and "silence". thanks for the words