"I'm one with the Goddess
and open to Her Wisdom."
15th Day of the 3rd Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Gaia
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Nion/Ash
10th Day of the Celtic Tree Cycle ~ Nion/Ash
Moon Phase: waxing Gibbous
Moon sets: 6:02AM EST
Moon rises: 5:18PM EST
Moon in Leo v/c 6:09PM EST
Moon enters the Mutable Earth Sign
of Virgo at 7:52PM EST
Rhiannon's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: The integrity of
Sun in Pisces
Sunrise: 6:57AM EST
Sunset: 6:08PM EST
Solar Question for the Day: "What new
influences are trying to come into your life?"
Imbolc (Gwyl Mair) Quarter of the Year
February 27th, 2010
You can honor the Full Moon tomorrow with a simple rite of lighting a white candle and perhaps sitting for a few moments in meditation upon this phase of the Moon. Or you can maybe perfrom a more elaborate rite with maybe a spell for something you need and/or want. Tomorrow there will be Major energies of Health and Healing...
A Full Moon Ritual for Energy
Use this ritual to bring specific lunar energies into your life. It should be carried out on the evening of the full moon or as close as you can. You can use this ritual for bringing plans to fruition or for an extra surge of energy when you need it to over come an obstacle or seize an opportunity.
* Light a row of three silver candles, two of the same size for the waxing and waning phases and one much large in the center for the full moon.
* Light three sticks of jasmine or mimosa incense.
* Take a branch from a willow or any other tree or plant that grows near water, and on it hang three silver baubles; one should be very large. If you have no baubles, make discs from silver foil. Silver is the color and metal of the Moon. Add nine tiny, silver-colored bells, hung with thread.
* If the full moon is visible, use a hand mirror, silver if possible, to direct its light toward the tree or plant saying: "Isis, mother of the Moon, your power this night bring to me soon. Your silver radiance on me shines, your fertile light now strengthen mine. Full moon, full glory, fill my heart, your loving wisdom to me impart. Mother Isis, your child I call, uplight and guide me lest I fall." (You can, instead of Isis, choose your own Moon goddess if you prefer or just invoke the Moon mother.)
* Now with silver thread or ribbons, bind the tree and the baubles/discs with nine loose knots, saying: "I bind your tree with tasks undone, Maiden, Mother, not yet Crone. I bind your strength to help my race not won. I take the power and i8t is done." * Pull all your knots undone, one after the other, and shake the tree so the bells ring, and the energy is released.
* Leave the candles to burn down in a safe place.
Leave the branch or plant still hung with the silver baubles/discs and bells throughout the week of the full moon and use the week to focus on your specific Moon theme. Sit, if you can, for a few minutes each night by silver candlelight and see yourself surrounded by an orb of silver light./ Maximize the possibilities in your everyday world.
[From: Cassandra Eason's "A Practical Guide to Witchcraft and Magick Spells"]