and open to Her Wisdom."
12th Day of the 3rd Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Hera
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Nion/Ash
7th Day of the Celtic Tree Cycle ~ Nion/Ash
Moon Phase: waxing Half
Moon sets: 4:00AM EST
Moon rises: 1:25PM EST
Moon in the Cardinal Water Water
Sign of Cancer
Rhiannon's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: The compassion of memory.
Sun in Pisces
Sunrise: 7:01AM EST
Sunset: 6:04PM EST
Solar Question for the Day: "What mutual burdens can you
lift from other's backs?"
Imbolc (Gwyl Mair) Quarter of the Year
February 24th, 2010
But wisdom lingers"
Mudras, Triggers, Instant Magick - From "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft" by C. Penczak con.
You need not be limited by these examples (ways to use your triggers). Penczak says that just as he has found special tricks to fit his lifestyle and needs in the use of 'triggers', you can also expand your instant magick into new areas. The most important thing to notice about all these acts is how mundane they are. Penczak says: "I am not putting simple magick down; I am just emphasizing that the simple acts of life can be infused with magick." Your everyday reality is a vehicle for living a magickal life. Many people who follow a spiritual path resign it to a particular time when they are 'being' spiritual, usually once a week at a service. Don't think magick is relegated to a few special times a week when you sit down and prepare to do it. Witches weave the threads of magick, family, home, and world together because they are all parts of the web of life. Integrating your magick, and more importantly your magickal viewpoint, into your daily life is a very important step.
Although technically these simple spells should work for you regardless of your path or tradition, if you do see yourself on a spiritual path, Penczak suggests thanking the divine powers, the Goddess, God, and Great Spirit, for every gift, even those that did not occur. If an act of instant magick does not happen as you intended, there is probably a reason for it. Perhaps being late for work even though you tried to bend time might have prevented you from being in an accident. Giving thanks is a great lesson for any path, because gratitude opens up a new world of blessings.
Now that you have an idea of what instant magick can do, try this meditation to program your own trigger. This exercise should be repeated several times to ingrain the program into all levels of consciousness.
Exercise 12: Programming Your Trigger
1. First decide on what trigger position feels comfortable to you. Penczak suggets your first two fingers and thumb together or crossing your middle and index fingers.
2. Start Exercise 9: Counting Down to a Meditative State to get into your magickal mindset.
3. Once you are at your meditative level, physically perform your trigger on one or both hands. Penczak says he likes to program both hands so he has a choice as to which one he uses, depending on the circumstances. He says if he triggers both hands that he feels he goes a bit deeper.
4. State to yourself, 'I program this as my instant magick trigger. With this trigger I can instantly access a light meditative state and all my magickal abilities for the good of allo, harming none.' Say this statement three times.
5. When done, return yourself to normal consciousness, counting up, giving yourself clearance and balance. Ground yourself as needed.
When you hold the trigger position, you enter a light magickal mindset. When you need to get out of this state, release the trigger. The process is that simple.
Christopher Penczak wrote a book titled "Instant Magick" and it was published in 2006 - it will give many more techniques of instant magick... I have a copy but sadly I've never checked through it. After posting this information on Instant Magick from "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft" I think I will be looking this book also.