Sunday, December 13, 2009
Balsamic Moon leaves the sign of Scorpio
and open to Her Wisdom."
28th Day of the 12th Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Hecate
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Ngetla/Reed
Celtic Tree Cycle ~ Ruis/Elder
Moon Phase: Balsamic
Moon rises: 5:00AM EST
Moon sets: 2:34PM EST
Moon in Scorpio v/c 10:02PM EST
Ceridwen's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: Memory of dear ones dead or absent.
Sun in Sagittarius
Sunrise: 7:37AM EST
Sunset: 4:51PM EST
Solar Question for the Day: "What is the source of your
Samhain (Calan Gaeaf) Quarter of the Year
December 13th, 2009
There are Major magickal energies today to Banish Influences Negative to the Health of the Body and the correspondences are: the element of Fire, the color Orange, the tarot cards The Sun crossing the Devil, and the rune Kenaz. These energies are powered up by coming on this day - Sun Day.
Seven Steps to a Healthier Witch
First - Learn to stand tall and straight and you will look and feel better. Once a day remove your shoes and stand with your back to a flat wall. Your heels, bottom, back, head, shoulders, and arms should all touch the wall. Now, without rising on your toes stretch up as tall as you can.
Second - Develop a natural rather than chemical scent. Switch from scented soaps, antiperspirants, and deordorants to unscented ones, or use a deodorant stone. Use only a small amount of very light scent, or an essential oil. Remember, if you can smell your scent, it's too strong.
Third - Tired and sore feet affect the way you look and react towards others, so pamper them: remove dead skin, apply a lotion, keep the nails neat and wear shoes which really fit and are comfortable.
Fourth - Practice smiling often, with your eyes as well as your mouth. It can help to image you have secret good news. Check this in the mirror, as you don't want to look like an idiot!
Fifth - Ensure your hair is clean, shiny and well cut. A good cut saves a lot of daily fiddling and shiny hair looks a lot better than tortured and starched hair!
Seventh - Go for a short, brisk walk every day, whatever the weather. It improves the cardio-vascular and respiratory system, tones and strengthens the legs and gives you time to clear your head and focus your mind. Use this time to notice the natural world around you.
[From: Kate West's "The Real Witches' Year"]
Visualization Exercise - Meeting Your Patron Deity
This exercise is suitable for those wishing to encounter a patron/matron deity. Try not to preempt a choice of a patron: let the right god or goddess choose you. You will be able to repeat this inner journey to visit your patron as much as you need to, to ask questions, receive knowledge, or spend time in their company. Asoects if this visualization are left open deliberately to allow you individual experience to fill in the gaps. Remember the most significant details of your quest lie within you.
Undertake the visualization preparations as discussed in blot entry for 12/09/2009....
1. Close your eyes and enter the dark place behind your eyelids. Let your attention sink deeper and deeper into yourself, and when everything is dark and still, open your inner eyes to find yourself standing outside a stone gateway, behind which are sunlight, trees, birdsong, and the scent of earth and flowers. Pass through to paths stretching into the distance both right and left. Choose one and set off down the path.
2. Notice the texture of the ground below your feet, the heat of the Sun and what you see all around you. You may see birds, animals, particular trees or plants. What sort of landscape do you find yourself in? Continue your journey, noting the detail of your surroundings.
3. The pathway forks into two or more paths. Choose one to explore and carry on walking. It will lead you into a particular terrain. Does it take you deep into a forest,l a cave or uphill into open country? To water or into a building? You will reach your destination when you see an object lying on the path, on top of a hill, on an altar, or hanging from branches. Pick up the object - this is a gift from your patron and picking it up signals your acceptance of their patronage. What is it? Does it have any particular significance which you need to remember in order to meditate on it later?
4. Become aware of a figure approaching you. This is your patron god or goddess. Note their appearance. The colors and the expression they wear; are they young or old; are they with any creatures or are they alone? Do they carry something that symbolizes their identity? Note any details that strike you as important.
5. Ask your patron any questions that seem pertinent to your spiritual development - about your chosen path, what advice they wish to offer or even their identity. Your deity may set you the task of finding this out for yourself. When you have finished talking, thank your deity for choosing you before retracing your steps back to the stone gateway.
6. Pass through the gateway back into darkness, then close your inner eyes. Slowly emerge to the place behind your eyelids and, when ready, open your eyes and return to your surroundings.
7. Make notes of your journey before you forget the details. Now you must close down... follow the colsing down instructions which are also in the blog entry for 12/09/2009
Over the next month you may find features of your journey turning up in everyday life as conicidences or repetitions. You may find your attention drawn to particular symbols, images, or words. Try not attach too much meaning to such incidents, nor to dismiss your recognition of them as wishful thinking; instead, write them down so that you can form a judgement as patterns emerge.
When you find out the identity of your patron, do some research to find out more about them. Consider why they have chosen you - what charactertisic of theirs relates to your personality or your life at the moment? What strength, skills, or knowledge do you think they offer? Find a symbol or depiction of your patron or create a symbol or representation of them to strengthen your connection and to meditate upon.
[From: "The Wiccan Bible" by Ann-Marie Gallagher]