Friday, December 11, 2009

It's Freya's Day - the waning moon moves towards Scorpio


"I'm one with the Goddess
and open to Her Wisdom."


26th Day of the 12th Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Hecate
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Ngetal/Reed
Celtic Tree Cycle ~ Ruis/Elder
Moon Phase: waning Half
Moon rises: 2:44AM EST
Moon sets: 1:29PM EST
Moon in Libra v/c 4:21PM EST
Moon enters the Fixed Water Sign
of Scorpio at 11:31PM EST
Ceridwen's Cycle of the Moon
Lunar Meditation: The magic of snow
Sun in Sagittarius
Sunrise: 7:35AM EST
Sunset: 4:51PM EST
Solar Question for the Day: "Which old desires do you need to relinquish?"
Samhain (Calan Gaeaf) Quarter of the Year
December 11th, 2009


     As we know with the waning moon we initiate endings - and there are minor magickal energies to in initiate endings to relationships today.  The correspondences are: the Element of Fire; the color Deep Purple; the tarot card Death; and the rune Uruz.  When the word 'relationships' is used our minds usually immediately think of it meaning relationships with other people but think about this - it can mean relationships with things, objects or habits that we need to relinquish.  For a very long time I have been searching for ways in which to gain huge amounts of money and visualizating what I would do if this happen.  Yes, I have debts that I want to pay off so that I don't have to work... I'm sure a lot of people are in the same situation.  My material obsession is books.  So there I've confessed.  Lately I've begun reading Penczak's book "The Witch's Coin" and right from the start it has already changed my views on gaining abundance and prosperity.  I now realize that using magick to gain large amounds of money is not what using the Craft is about.  The Craft teaches us to see, appreciate and understand what we are already prosperous with and that abundance can be a stagnant situation.  So today's Solar Question seems to be aimed towards myself - I need to relinquish my old desires of becoming fility rich and to begin living a life of flow with what is around me.  I can initiate an ending to this relationship to an obsession of gaining what I mistakenly view as being prosperity. 

   Early this morning while out with my dog - I looked to sky, the cloudy sky, noticed a brightening behind the clouds and thought to myself - ah, that is where the waning moon is at.  And then suddenly the clouds parted and the moon's waning crescent appeared in a bright light.  I was very much thrilled that this happened.  I had expected to not be able to see this phase of the moon and then the clouds parted just at that precise moment and revealed Her.  One of those inspiring moments that I've come to deeply appreciate in my life in the Craft now.  Years before I would not have been so touched.  I would shugged it off. 

    The Lunar Meditation for this evening is "The Magic of Snow."  Well, I've got snow outside there; not as much as a lot of the rest of the country has this monring.  So I thought this would be a good day to post a spell using snow from Cunningham's book "Earth, Air, Fire and Water" and I chose the one titled: 'To Be Rid of a Negative Condition.'  This seems to be an appropriate one for this phase of the moon, and for my feeling a need to get rid of old desires (Solar Question).  So here it is:

   During the day, go outside with a small bowl. Fill it with clean snow. Pack it, level it with your gloved hand, and rush back inside.

   After removing your winter wraps, place the bowl of snow on a table. Hold your hands plams downward over the bowl and say:

Crystal snow,
Crystal white;
Help me now
Win this fight.

   Visualize the habit or condition as being in the snow. See the negative condition there. Push the power it has had over you into the snow. Know that the habit, its causes, and the power that you have given it are in the snow. Transfer the negative energy through your palmsinto the snow.
   Pour one-half handful of rock (de-icing) salt into your projective hand. Look at the salt and sense its purifying, cleansing qualities.
   Still visualizing your negative havit as being in the snow, sprinkle the salt over it until you've completely covered its surface. Say:

White on white,
Salt on snow;
Fight your fight;
Evil go.

   Next, take any small stone no more than one and a half inches in diameter. Hold this in your projective hand. Visualize freedom from your negative habit or condition. See yourself free from its grip. Sense the power that you possess to break the chain.

   After a few moments, gently place the stone on the surface of the salted snow. Say:

Rock on salt,
Salt on snow;
Evil halt,
Evil go!

   Sit before the bowl, staring down into it. Watch. Sense. Visualize the purifying potency of salt destroying your negative condition, its causes and the power that you've been giving it.
    As the snow melts, release all connections that you have with the habit or negative condition. Visualize and feel your unconscious desires melting, dissolving into a sea of apathy, an ocean of disinterest, a surging river of purification.
    When the salt has melted the snow, remove the stone, pour the water outside of your house (away from plants that may be alseep beneath their white blankets) and return inside.
   Wash the bowl and the stone you have used. Put them in a safe place until the next day.
    Repeat the entire ritual for nine days. Visualize. Use your support groups. And just do it!
[Pages 120-121 of Scott Cunningham's "Earth, Air, Fire & Water"]

   As much as I like the concept of this spell/ritual, I will probaby modify it the aspect of it being done for nine days.  For one thing I am focusing on this waning moon phase and that won't last for nine days - in  fact the New Moon happens in six days.  Hmmm, I could use the six days of waning and then continue it on through the first three of the New Moon.  Maybe I will do the nine day time span.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that sounds like a spell that I need. Hmmm michigan has lots of snow right now and while I was reading your post I was mentally evaluating what I had to use for the spell. Yes I have the snow, the bowl, the rock salt and the rock. But I agree with you on nixing the nine day thing and basically using the last quarter moon. Thanks again

Rue said...

I just bought C.P.'s book too - I'm glad you are liking it...I just have to find some time to read it myself!

I really enjoy your blog!

Sobeit said...

Glad I could help you Sadie - I ran out of snow yesterday due to the freezing rain we had. And Rue, yes, do find a time to read through Penczak's book when you can focus on it. I've just finished the first chapter and found that I feel like I may re-read it again. There was lot to chew on and yet I think I've already learned something from it that is being helpful in my life.

Sobeit