Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Woden's Day - honor ancestors

"I'm one with the Goddess
and open to Her Wisdom."

21st Day of the 6th Lunar Cycle
Ruled by Hestia
Lunar Tree Cycle ~ Hauthe/Hawthorn
20th Day of the Celtic Tree Month ~ Hauthe/Hawthorn
Moon Phase: Disseminating
Moon rises: 12:24AM EDST
Moon sets: 11:04AM EDST
Moon in the Fixed Air Sign
of Aquarius
Rhiannon's Cycle of the Moon
Luna Meditation: The shores
of home.
Sun in Gemini
Sunrise: 5:51AM EDST
Sunset: 8:44PM EDST
Solar Question for the Day: "What
fears are holding you back? What
weakness do they hide?"
Beltaine (Calan Mai) Quarter
of the Year
June 2nd, 2010

   There are minor magickal energies for rites honoring ancestors on this Aquarius Moon day - Woden's Day is a day of Communication and Connection - so there could be good pathways between you and your ancestors. 

A Time for Magick
(excerpts from Amber K's revised "True Magick")

   Your first steps in Magick or not, it always to read this advice that Amber has written in her book. She says, "Find a time of day, preferably every day, when you can work on your magick. If you wish, you can combine magickal training with a daily spiritual practice - prayer, meditation, chanting, or whatever your faith suggests or requires. Early birds may choose the hour of dawn, others may use the first hour after returning from work or school. Just before bedtime is possible, but you may be too tired, and the magickal exercises may leave you too excited to sleep well at first."   Lucky for me the early dawn hours work great for me.  I think my early rising habit began back in my childhood - I seemed to be always the first awake in the early hours in my household and at that time I would spend the time reading - a quiet activity that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I know for a lot people this time of day is totally impossible for them.  While they cannot understand my early rising habit, I can't understand their sleeping later habits. I don't think I would ever be able to do magickal training exercises and meditations later in the day. I do have times later in the day when I do rites/and spell workings because that is the right 'timing' for them, especially evening times.  But regardless of what works for you, makes this a daily work a habit. Amber says: "it has been said that if you do something for twenty-one days in a row, the habit is fairly well established."  This sounds good to me.  I can be lax in establishing good steady habits so this bit of advice will be stored in my thoughts and I can pull it out when I begin to wane in following through on a commitment. Amber advises to not attempt too much on any single day; save some of adventure for tomorrow.  But if you feel tired on a given day, and are tempted to skip your practice, then promise yourself to spend ten minutes or so, centering and re-energizing.  Once you get started you may find yourself continuing on and working through the whole hour.
 
    What can be your first steps??  I would suggest candle workings - matching candle colors to the day's energies that flowing around you.  And then 'dressing' the candle with the matching essential oils.  What corresponding incenses?  Working on visualization and/or meditations would where to go from there, letting candle color, essential oil and incense aromas guide you through the exercises.  Do you ever have times when certain scents will open up your subconscious mind and amazing insight flow out?
During the summertime now, while you are doing these practices, try to do them by an open window and you can hear the birdsong outside.  I've gotten in the habit of working beside an open window almost year around, even in the cold winter so that I can align with the weather energy for the day.  OK, so maybe in January and February, I sit there wrapped in a heavy sweater with socks on my feet, but I still manage to energize myself with the fresh air blowing in.  I don't very often too rites or spells out of doors.  While I do have place around my house and property where I could probably do these, especially in the early mornings, I just don't feel that comfortable doing so.  For one thing I don't like packing up whatever I am going to be using and hauling it out of doors only to find I left something very important inside and having to sneak back inside to get it without waking anyone up.  The best thing is to do what works for you.

No comments: